Scope and description of the service
Last updated 30.4.2019
Rahti is a cloud computing service that allows Users to host applications and make them accessible over the web. The Rahti service is based on OKD, which is a distribution of Kubernetes. The main features of Rahti are:
- Hosting of containerized applications
- Storage services
- Virtual networks for connecting container instances
- Load balancing of traffic to User Applications
- An application catalog with templates for ready-to-use common applications
- Features for replication, rolling updates, auto-recovery and auto-scaling of User Applications
- Basic default domain name and TLS for hosted User Applications (under rahtiapp.fi)
Users can manage their resources using a web interface accessible through a web browser and through a set of APIs which allow programmatic management of resources. In order to access and use the service the User must have a CSC user account.
The User's applications are isolated from other Users’ applications from a network, storage and computational view.